Sunday, July 24, 2011

Second Email Home on July 4, 2011

Excerpts:

{Mom) This week has been really hard. Just getting use to everything has been a challange. I have had a sever sore throat the past three days here. I could barely eat anything at all for two days! I was so hungry but it hurt to bad to swallow. I went to the clinic so they could check it out and they said it was just a virus and I had to wait for it to pass. Don't worry its gone now.. but the last few days and nights have been hard. I am sleeping on the top bunk I feel like I am going to fall off everynight since the bed is so skinny and I wake up every hour, so I am always tired during the days. But things will get better i just have to get use to it. David A Bednar spoke to us the other day it was a really good talk. I also got to go to the temple this morning which was a nice change. And class time with Brother Flynn and West is easily my favorite part of the day. My spanish is coming along pretty well.

...yes i write in my journal everyday i actually like to write in it. We spend 6 hours a day in class and i have two teachers the whole time im here. They are brother flynn and west and they are awesome. they both teach spanish and gospil, but flynn is a really strong gospel teacher and i like learning spanish form west a little better. But they are both really good teachers i am lucky to have them. and then we pretty much just study the rest of the day when we are not in class or eating. The language is getting a little harder we have just began to congagate in the past tense and that is really difficult but its coming a little easier for me since i took two years of spanish in high shcool that really helped.

...i like our roomates brother smith and garrett they have been in here for 7 weeks and have been like older brothers to me and hurst they show us all the secrets and give us advice. They are super funny too! Its like a party in our room at night. but they are leaving next monday so i am sad.

...i have to go now. but have a good week i love you all. bye  - Elder Randolph

No comments:

Post a Comment